| Here she is...well this is her 8 weeks ago. |
I woke up at 1:55 am, I think my body just knew it was time, but I didn't know that yet so I changed the channel on the TV and prepared to go back to sleep. Then I thought, "I should just go to the bathroom now" because being pregnant, I had to get out of bed every 3 hours or so to go to the bathroom so I thought since I was already awake I should just get up. As I started to sit up, it started to get wet...having already peed my pants twice prior to this time, I thought "Oh man!!! I really have to go" so I ran to the bathroom. As I was running I tried to stop peeing but couldn't. It wasn't until I was standing in the bathtub (I didn't want to get the floor all wet) and couldn't stop the flow that I realized that my water had broken.
I wrapped a towel around myself and walked back to the bedroom, flipped on the light, and announced to Scott "My water just broke." I don't think I have ever seen him get up faster :)
I wasn't having any contractions at that point, it was about 2:00 am now so I wasn't sure what to do. The doctor had said to go to the hospital at 5-7 minute apart contractions but I wasn't having any, but my water had broken...so I was confused. We called the nurse advice line and they said that we for sure needed to go to the hospital. She said "You're going to have a baby in the next 24 hours", that's when it really dawned on me...I was going to have my baby sometime today!!! I started to get scared on the inside, but I didn't tell Scott yet, I didn't want him to freak out too.
| Ready to go! |
We drove to Redlands Community Hospital which was about 20 minutes away. After we checked in the nurse checked me and determined I was indeed going to be having the baby that day, I was only dilated to a 1 at that point but once your water breaks the baby has to come out within 24 hours. By 4 am I still had not had any contractions so they started me on Pitocin to get things moving. The contractions were not too terrible to begin, but they were definitely not fun either. They gave me some pain meds but it didn't really help and I wasn't able to sleep (Scott did though).
At 10 am, the nurse checked me again to see how I was progressing. She told me I was at a 5. She also said that she was feeling something in there that she shouldn't...softness. By that point, she could touch the baby and she was feeling something soft with a hole, when she should be feeling hardness because the baby should be head down and you should feel the skull. This meant that Sammi's head was not in the right place. She went and got a 2nd nurse to confirm it and they decided to bring in the doctor and an ultrasound machine. The doctor did a quick ultrasound and sure enough...Sammi had turned and was now completely breach! This was a huge bummer to me because on Tuesday at my last doctor's appointment she had been head down, in the perfect position to be delivered. Sometime between Tuesday and Sunday she had flipped around :(
| Me before I found out I had to have a C-Section :) |
They wheeled me into surgery, I was soooo nervous! They hung the sheet and started the numbing medicine. I could still feel pressure, but it wasn't really painful. After what seemed like forever, I felt a sucking feeling and....she was out!!! They cleaned her up and handed her to Scott and he brought her to see me. She was beautiful but I was still focused on my surgery because they were still working on me. Scott and Samantha went to the recovery area while they finished closing me up.
| Scott ready for surgery too! |
| Me prior to surgery :) |
| Samantha and Dr. Thorpe, who delivered her |
1 comment:
Oh my goodness Samantha looks perfect in those pictures!
Post a Comment